The System Development Engineer, Electrical, Controls & Mechatronics is responsible for development and coordination of Systems design for Electronics, Controls and Mechatronics regarding Terminal Tractors (TT) within Mobile Equipment division (MED) based on customer needs, legislation and internal requirements and according to business strategies.
• Development of electrical system architecture and logical schematics.
• Development of vehicle topology, communication protocols, and architecture for networked components.
• Ensures completion of engineering activities for meeting platform goals.
• Fosters an environment that welcomes and encourages new and innovative design concepts, inventions, patents and product opportunities for improvement giving a competitive edge over industry competitors.
• Contributes to the overall profitability of new and existing products
• Contributes to the increase of overall product quality
• Contributes to cost reduction ideas related to component design on new and existing products
• Frequently provides recommendations to direct managers and/or to other managers
• Frequently communicates with cross functional support groups within the product platform and/or component product lines
• Frequently communicates with suppliers
• On occasions, may communicate with dealers and equipment users regarding existing product issues
• Understand/Develop/Update/Maintain the vehicle requirements that must be implemented in the controls and electrical network architecture. Document electrical and controls best practices and design guides.
• Create and implement electrical and controls standards and best practices.
• Develop Network Databases for CAN, LIN, and Ethernet.
• Develop vehicle network topologies by implementing standards.
• Understand current vehicle architecture and plan upgrades.
• Develop Electronic Component Communication Specifications.
• Develop executable models of vehicle network behavior.
• Perform analysis of modelled vehicle networks and implemented vehicle networks for common network design problems, e.g. loading, latency, fault tolerance, quality of service.
• Participate/Lead design reviews, DFMEA’s and develop and manage validation plans
• Provides frequent team progress updates to direct manager as needed
• Ensures the use of engineering standards, methodologies and global product development processes into engineering team’s daily work tasks.
Application deadline :
Contact : Hien Ksor
Region : United States - Kansas - Ottawa