The Controls Engineer will work to develop new machine, processes and automation concepts as part of a multi-functional Team. The candidate will create systems architecture to support the concept and oversee the detailed electrical technical documentation. The Controls Engineer will develop PLC, safety systems, HMI, servo drives, process hardware and robot programs. After the machine is constructed the Controls Engineer will finalize the program and debug the system through machine acceptance.
Responsibilities for in-house machine build projects include:
1. Participating in concept development to innovate controls and programming solutions that can feasibly meet customer expectations.
2. Oversee the layout of the controls cabinet and schematic designs.
3. Develop the architecture and write and debug PLC ladder logic or IPC program for the automated system.
4. Perform risk assessments and implement controls reliability and safety systems to meet TE specifications.
5. Develop and program HMI screens to meet customer or standard requirements.
6. Select machine servo, robots and electrical and electromechanical components which are properly sized to meet system requirements.
7. Condition, optimize and commission machinery until handed over to customer.
8. Interface system with SCADA and digital machine packages to meet customer interface requirements.
Responsibilities for partner based machine build projects include:
1. Participate in concept development for machine.
2. Participate in specification creation, release to partner and quote technical evaluation.
3. Oversee controls design of project.
4. Manage partner throughout design, buyoff, conditioning and installation.
5. Establish and execute test plan for equipment.
6. Integrate and condition equipment with other equipment if needed.
5+ years of machine design experience along with CREO CAD experience. PDMLink experience is also preferred.
1. Proficiency with process integration and mechatronic systems.
2. In-depth knowledge of control panel designs.
3. Proficiency with AutoCAD electrical design desired.
4. Advanced proficiency in Yaskawa, Allen Bradley or Omron PLC programming languages.
5. Advanced proficiency in Pro-Face, Allen Bradley or Omron HMI programming.
6. Strong understanding of Field Bus Networks (Ethernet IP, Modbus/TCP, Ethercat etc.)
7. Proficiency with Ethernet communications between machine PLC’s and database systems.
8. Proficiency with Inductive Automation Ignition preferred.
9. Proficiency with machine safety systems and related component selection.
10. Experience with servo motor tuning and programming.
11. Advanced proficiency and demonstrated ability to organize and structure code for maintainability and reuse.
12. Experience with Cartesian, SCARA and 6-Axis industrial robot programming and conditioning. Epson robot experience preferred.
13. Experience with interfacing to vision systems.
14. Experience with creating and maintaining technical documentation packages.
15. Experience with implementation of automated equipment in a production environment.
16. Proficiency in CREO 3D CAD package is a plus.
17. A strong technically hands-on oriented engineer with clearly demonstrated experience and a track record of deploying new PLC/IPC and digital control automation technologies;
18. At least 5 years, for Bachelor degree, or 2 years for Master degree, technical experiences in manufacturing automation with a detailed knowledge of current automation technologies for precision electromechanical manufacture and/ or optical system manufacture;
19. Experienced in the IPC programming with C/C++/C# etc.
20. Excellent commercial and business acumen with deep experience in analyzing current technologies and capabilities on the market;
21. Experienced in the development of specific automation manufacturing systems incorporating flexible and modular automation;
22. Good English communication skills including writing emails, listening and speaking.
Minimum Professional Background Desired:
1. A demonstrated track record of successfully and effectively driving step change in automation through technological improvements;
2. Rich experience in electrical design, analysis, and electro/mechanical parts selection;
3. BS degree in an Engineering or Technical discipline.
Personal characteristics of the individual:
1. High level of initiative and drive with a strong sense of urgency and accountability; energetic, proactive, and hardworking so as to lead by example;
2. Strong communications skills; must demonstrates an open, honest, and transparent communication style with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to explain complex topics concisely to a non-technical audience;
3. Excellent judgment and experiences in an environment which requires emotional maturity, politically savvy, and the personal ability to interact with all types of personnel at varying levels;
4. Keen business judgment; demands excellence and sets high standards for self and others; high-level of intellectual curiosity combined with strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
5. Willingness and personal style to be a team player and foster a team environment, with the capacity and aptitude to serve as a leader in motivating and inspiring others.
Application deadline :
Contact : Hien Ksor
Region : United States - Pennsylvania - Middletown