Mechanical Design Engineer
XDIN is looking to expand the team that supports the CAB development for several of our customers. In the role you will provide design engineering support for multiple complex components and systems within CAB development, including both interior, exterior and BIW. The positions will mainly be based in Greensboro, NC. But there might also be opportunities in San Francisco, CA and Los Angeles, CA. Openness to relocation is a big plus.
- Initiate and develop design concepts to meet cost objectives, schedule, quality and feature requirements
- Design and create drawings and 3D CAD parts via solid and surface modeling
- Evaluate existing and new designs for compliance to internal and external standards
- Responsible for Design for Manufacturability, Design for Assembly and Design for Maintainability
- Interface with vendors and suppliers to anchor designs
- Cross-functional coordination with counterparts in other departments and/or suppliers to facilitate and meet project time plans
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 1-5 Years In Product Design Engineering
- Experience in transportation related industry preferred
- Plastic and sheet metal components design experience
- Manufacturing process knowledge (injection molding, stamping, extrusion, casting, etc.
At XDIN we develop and deliver competence for world-leading companies through the most committed engineering and IT consultants. Our customers are found in industries such as Transportation (Automotive, Rail, Marine, and Aerospace) and IT sectors and we are able to support throughout the whole product lifecycle. As part of the ALTEN Group, we have over 28,000 employees and operations in 22 countries. It is our belief that genuine commitment is created through possibility of free choice and the opportunity to influence your own personal development.
Application deadline :
Contact : Daja Trotter
Region : United States - North Carolina - Greensboro