Assembly Production Engineer
- Create the new process of the assigned area from the process tested in the pilot line and analysed the differences.
- Perform time and motion studies in order to establish standard times and improve work methods. Lower costs and increase reliability and productivity.
- Take part in the creation of the process layout of the plant.
- Follow the implementation on the line of the new product.
- Lead the new assembly graph for the designated area.
- Produce line balancing reports on the project for area for appropriate manpower levels for assembly.
- Create standard operating procedures as well as one point lessons to assist in creating work standards for area of responsibility.
- Lead and participate in quick and standard Kaizen events within area.
- Deal with the optimization of systems, processes, machines, tools and equipment’s.
- Work with continuous improvements in the production system and support/lead the implementation of projects.
- To adequately perform the duties of an Industrial Engineer, the candidate for this position must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering, or other related field
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to visualize future opportunities, plan action items and lead team towards successful completion of company objectives.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance or ambiguity.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to manage change.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering concepts, manufacturing, the product, production standards and efficiency optimization tools; process oriented.
- Proven ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion.
- Project management skills.
- Experience in a team-based environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to review and apply technical specifications and requirements to the assembly operation.
- Possesses strong analytical skills and demonstrated focus on process and Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Previous experience using MOST, MTM or an equivalent.
- Excellent computer skills: proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word. Ability to learn multiple different proprietary systems and applications.
At XDIN we develop and deliver competence for world-leading companies through the most committed engineering and IT consultants. Our customers are found in industries such as Transportation (Automotive, Rail, Marine, and Aerospace) and IT sectors and we are able to support throughout the whole product lifecycle. As part of the ALTEN Group, we have over 28,000 employees and operations in 22 countries. It is our belief that genuine commitment is created through possibility of free choice and the opportunity to influence your own personal development.
Application deadline :
Contact : Daja Trotter
Region : United States - Pennsylvania - Allentown